12 Easy Healthy Clean Eating Breakfast Recipes For Losing Weight
If you are looking for clean eating breakfast recipes to help you shed pounds, l have good news for you. I have here the best 12 clean eating breakfast recipes.
The clean eating recipes are easy to prepare that you can have on the go. They are perfect for beginners to clean eating diet and the ingredients can be found in any local store. The clean eating breakfast recipes we have below will get you started quickly. Enjoy!
12 Easy Healthy Clean Eating Breakfast Recipes For Losing Weight
1. Healthy Banana Muffins
- 1 large egg
- 3 large (1 1/2 cups) very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp olive, avocado or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder, aluminum free
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat or spelt flour
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray non-stick 12 muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk the egg. Add bananas and mash well. Add applesauce, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, baking powder and soda and salt; whisk to combine.
- Add flour and gently stir until well incorporated. Do not over mix otherwise muffins will be tough.
- Fill each opening almost full with batter (I used regular ice cream scoop) and bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool off completely.
2. Banana Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk I used 2%
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds I used Bob’s Red Mill
- In a blender, puree the banana, milk and peanut butter. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir the mixture before serving. Can be stored in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 1 week.
3. Honey Lime Quinoa Fruit Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (I used tricolor)
- 1½ cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 mango, diced
- Honey Lime Glaze:
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil for garnish
- Rinse and prepare the quinoa according to package. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, strawberries, blueberries, and mango.
- To make the glaze: In a small bowl combine the honey and lime juice. Drizzle over the fruit salad and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh basil.
4. Peanut Butter & Strawberry Oatmeal
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup quick-cooking steel cut oats
- pinch kosher salt
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp smooth, natural peanut butter
- chopped salted peanuts for topping, optional
- Combine water, oats, and salt in a small saucepan and cook according to package directions.
- While oats cook, toss strawberries with jam and cinnamon.
- Remove oats from heat and stir in strawberry mixture. Transfer to serving bowl. Swirl in peanut butter and top with chopped peanuts and/or additional berried, if desired.
5. Spinach, Artichoke, & Sun-Dried Tomato Egg White Muffins
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced (or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts in brine drained
- 1/2 cup 50g sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil), minced
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cup 12 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme or 1 tsp. fresh
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 oz. 3/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled (or cheese of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté onion until translucent, then add minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Transfer sautéed veggies to a large mixing bowl and add minced sun-dried tomatoes and drained artichoke hearts.
- Add whole eggs, egg whites, cheese, and spices; whisk until frothy.
- Divide egg mixture between the wells of a regular-sized muffin pan, filling almost to the top.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25-35 minutes until tops are golden brown. Enjoy warm or cold!
6. I Don’t Have Time For Breakfast” Make Ahead Oatmeal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 organic apples
- 2 tbsp honey (vegans sub for maple syrup)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt ( vegans sub for vegan yogurt)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, chia seeds and almond milk
- In the meantime, peel and grate the apples. Add lemon juice and honey and mix well
- Add greek yogurt and apples to the oat mixture. Mix well and refrigerate overnight
- Before serving, top with 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds and 1 tbsp almonds
7. Strawberry Banana Shake
- 8 frozen or fresh Ripe Strawberries, halved (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 Banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vanilla or Strawberry Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon or to taste Sugar
- Pour milk in the jar of a blender or mixer grinder.
- Add halved strawberries.
- Add frozen or fresh sliced banana (in this recipe, frozen banana is used).
- Add ice cream and sugar.
- Blend until fruits are well blended and there are no chunks of them. Pour it into a serving glass and serve.
8. Paleo Monkey Bread Recipe with Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk or your choice)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 heaping tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt
- Stir in the eggs, coconut oil, and milk and mix until a dough forms
- Combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl
- Roll the dough into individual tablespoon sized balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Place 3 balls into each cup of a well greased muffin tin
- Bake 15-20 minutes and serve warm
9. Mini Egg Frittatas
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked crumbled breakfast sausage bacon or diced ham
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick or silicone muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil into a a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the meat and spinach and cook an additional 2 minutes. Place 1 heaping Tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Next whisk the eggs into a medium size bowl. Stir in the salt and pepper. Then pour over the meat mixture in the muffin tin, leaving 1/4″ from the top.
- Cook for 23 to 30 minutes, or until the egg has puffed and comes clean with a toothpick.
- Run a knife around the edges to pop the egg frittatas out. Enjoy while hot.
- Store in the an air tight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 5 days.
10. Berry-Quinoa Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups (500ml) 2% milk (or 2% plain yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together milk and cinnamon.
- Scoop the quinoa evenly into your serving bowls.
- Serve immediately with the milk mixture, topped with blueberries, walnuts and a drizzle of honey.
11. Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2 medium
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons of water)
- 2 tablespoons nut/seed butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9″x 9″ baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the sides with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, quinoa, sugar, baking powder, and hemp seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the banana, nut butter, flax eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing everything together until fully incorporated. The batter should be moist, but not runny. Fold in the blueberries
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack for 25 – 35 minutes until the bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles). Store in an airtight container for 4 – 5 days.
12. Quinoa Granola Bars
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup of coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- Flake sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast quinoa and oats in a pan over medium high heat until fragrant. Allow to cool and combine with cashew, almonds, coconut flakes, dried cherries, and flax seeds. In a small sauce pan, combine the honey, maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil and heat until hot and melted.
- Pour into the bowl of ingredients and fold to coat evenly.
- Line a 9 1/2 x 13 1/2 pan with parchment paper. Pour mixture into pan and flatten with the back of a wooden spoon to spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are toasted.
- Sprinkle the tops with a little sea salt.
- Allow to cool entirely. Cut into rectangles.
- And if you’d like, dip the bottoms in some melted dark chocolate. Who says chocolate isn’t good for you?
Recommended reading: Best 10 Easy Clean Eating Snacks Recipes On The Go
Did you enjoy the 12 Easy Healthy Clean Eating Breakfast Recipes For Losing Weight? If you, please share it on facebook and pinterest.